Ferns and certain grasses head the list of ground covers known for absorbing groundwater and preventing runoff. Almost any fern hardy enough for your zone is ideal in a rain garden or boggy situation. Good grass choices include ribbon grass, tussock sedge, creeping bentgrass and switch grass.
- Installing Gazebo Support Beams
- Is a Horsetail Plant Dangerous to Dogs?
- The Best Lawn Seed for Missouri
- How Much Grass Seed Per Square Foot?
- Design Ideas for Small Gardens
- Is Sedum a Cat Safe Plant?
- Does Chlorinated Water Kill Grass?
- Are Chinese Palm Plants Poisonous to Cats?
- The Best Grass Seed for Patches
- How Long Does It Take for Grass Seed to Sprout?
- The Best Grass Seed for Shady Areas