Ferns and certain grasses head the list of ground covers known for absorbing groundwater and preventing runoff. Almost any fern hardy enough for your zone is ideal in a rain garden or boggy situation. Good grass choices include ribbon grass, tussock sedge, creeping bentgrass and switch grass.
- Installing Gazebo Support Beams
- The Best Time to Plant Grass in Virginia
- Is a Horsetail Plant Dangerous to Dogs?
- When to Plant Grass Seed in West Virginia
- Growing Edible Bamboo Shoots
- The Best Grass Seed for Shady Areas
- Design Ideas for Small Gardens
- The Best Grass Seed for Patches
- Harvest & Store Green Beans
- Does Chlorinated Water Kill Grass?
- Is Sedum a Cat Safe Plant?
- Trim Roses