Ferns and certain grasses head the list of ground covers known for absorbing groundwater and preventing runoff. Almost any fern hardy enough for your zone is ideal in a rain garden or boggy situation. Good grass choices include ribbon grass, tussock sedge, creeping bentgrass and switch grass.
- Building Raised Vegetable Garden Beds
- Is Lucky Bamboo Poisonous to Cats?
- Installing Gazebo Support Beams
- The Best Lawn Seed for Missouri
- The Best Solar Landscape Lighting
- The Best Time to Plant Grass in Virginia
- How Much Grass Seed Per Square Foot?
- The Best Grass Seed for Full Sun
- Get Rid of Stink Bugs
- Growing Edible Bamboo Shoots
- When to Plant Grass Seed in West Virginia
- Is a Horsetail Plant Dangerous to Dogs?