Ferns and certain grasses head the list of ground covers known for absorbing groundwater and preventing runoff. Almost any fern hardy enough for your zone is ideal in a rain garden or boggy situation. Good grass choices include ribbon grass, tussock sedge, creeping bentgrass and switch grass.
- Is Sedum a Cat Safe Plant?
- Growing Edible Bamboo Shoots
- Harvest & Store Green Beans
- Can Maple Trees Grow in Montana?
- Garden Shenandoah Switch Grass
- Garden Edging Ideas
- What Type of Grass Grows in the Shade?
- How Far Apart Should Apple Trees Be Planted?
- The Best Solar Landscape Lighting
- What Weed Killer Kills Buckthorn?
- Grow Lycopodium
- Will A Clogged Exhaust on Lawn Mower Stop The Engine?