Blueberry bushes prefer acidic soil and are sensitive to large amounts of fertilizer, especially nitrogen in the form of nitrates. Ammonium sulfate is the best fertilizer for blueberry bushes because it contains no nitrates and it helps lower the pH of the soil. It should be applied in late winter or early spring in a circle around the plant.
- Garden Edging Ideas
- Make a Compost Bin From a Garbage Can
- The Best Time to Cut Back Rose Bushes
- Harvest & Store Green Beans
- The Best Time to Prune a Lilac Tree
- The Best Grass Seed in Southern California
- Grow Zebra Grass
- Growing Edible Bamboo Shoots
- Grow Rock Cress (Arabis)
- Grow Angel Wing Begonias
- What is the Fastest Growing Fruit Tree?
- What Weed Killer Kills Buckthorn?