The best corn fertilizer contains nitrogen, phosphate and potash in a fertilizer ratio of 2-1-1 or 1-1-1, according to West Virginia University's Extension Service. Apply the fertilizer at a rate of two to three pounds for every 100 square feet of corn, according to Texas A&M University.
- Is a Corn Kernel Seed a Dicot or Monocot?
- Growing Sweet Corn in Tennessee
- Start Corn Seeds
- Plant Corn Seed
- How Long Is the Oat Growing Season?
- Prepare Corn Seed for Planting
- Steps to Planting Corn
- What to Use to Kill Weeds in Sweet Corn Without Hurting the Corn?
- Grow Corn in a Container Garden
- How Far Should You Plant Tomatoes From Each Other?
- Which is the best insecticide to use: Malathion or Sevin?
- What Weed Killer Kills Buckthorn?