Pine tree pollen can be a nuisance. And when it gets in your swimming pool water, it is tough to get out. You can’t skim it from the pool and it is too small for some filters to catch. The best way to remove yellow pine tree pollen from your pool is with a microfloc clarifier. The chemical coagulates pollen particles so that they can be skimmed off the pool or caught by the filter. And it works in a few hours so you won’t be kept out of your pool for long.
Turn on your pool's pump and its filter.
Apply a microfloc clarifier to your pool according to the manufacturer's instructions. Different brands vary, but you will likely need to apply 14 ounces per 10,000 gallons of water in your pool.
Dislodge any pollen that is stuck to the walls of the pool.
Wait for the clarifier to take action. It can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours.
Clean out your filter once it has cleaned the pollen clumps from the pool.
Keep your pool pollen free by adding the microfloc clarifier weekly, according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Things You Will Need
- Microfloc Clarifier
- Tell If You Have Mustard Algae
- Get Rid of Foam in a Swimming Pool
- Treat Your Pool With Chemicals
- Get Rid of Spiders in Pools
- Drain an Intex Round Ultra Frame Pool
- Home Remedies for Cleaning Swimming Pools
- Kill Algae on Pool Toys
- Tiny Black Bugs With Wings That Swim in Your Pool
- Drain an Inground Pool Below the Skimmer
- How Do Pool Skimmers Work?
- Get Rid of Water Bugs in a Pool
- Make a Rough Concrete Edge Smooth on a Pool