House plants can brighten up almost any living space--but only if the plants are kept looking healthy and "happy." One way to keep a house plant looking healthy and "at home" in your home is to keep its leaves nice and shiny. There are several ways to do this, but one of the most organic ways involves rubbing your leaves with a banana peel.
Remove any dead leaves or any leaves with any brown or yellowing on them at all. To keep your house plants looking healthy and beautiful you must remove all dead leaves.
Peel a banana. Set the banana itself aside (or simply eat it). Save the peel.
Wipe the soft inner part of the fresh banana peel against each surface of your house plant's leaves, using the fingers of your hand to support the leaf while you wipe it. Make certain that the banana peel wipes away all dust and that the oils in the banana skin leave each leaf with a shine. Additionally the oils from the banana peel will add a nice fragrance to your home for several hours.
Repeat Step 3 approximately once each week, or whenever your house plants need dusting or begin to look drab.
Things You Will Need
- Banana peel
- Wipe your leaves carefully so you do not tear them. Make certain that the fingers of one hand are behind each leaf, supporting it while you gently wipe.
- Make Framed Fall Leaf Art
- Make Peppermint Oil from a Peppermint Plant
- Are Basil Plants Poisonous to Cats?
- Make Shampoo From the Aloe Vera Plant
- Propagate a Pineapple Plant
- Curry Leaf Plant Care
- Care for White Spots on Pachira Plants
- What Does Exotic Plants Mean?
- Clean Your Jade Plant
- Cook With the Aloe Vera Plant
- Make Rosemary Potpourri
- Trim Arugula