Potted plants allow individuals to give a lasting gift to friends and relatives. Adding a special touch to this gift involves creating a simple wrap for your potted plant to hide the unsightly green or black plastic pot. Let's look at how to wrap a plant pot to create a beautiful gift that will last considerably longer than cut flowers.
Wipe off the outside of the plant pot with the paper towels to remove any soil or water from the plastic. Cleaning the outside of the pot will prevent soiling of the decorative tissue or wrapping paper.
Unroll the wax paper onto the table and set the pot in the center. Use scissors to cut a square section of the waxed paper around the outside of the pot so it reaches to the pot rim. The wax paper shouldn't limit visibility when wrapping the plant. Be careful not to puncture or tear the wax paper since it functions as waterproofing for the plant pot.
Unroll the wrapping paper or tissue onto the table. Cut a section of wrapping paper 3 times the size of the pot. Tissue paper comes in pre-cut sections so pull up the sides of the tissue to ensure it covers the sides of the plastic pot.
Measure and cut a length of ribbon, twine or elastic cord that wraps completely around the plastic plant pot. Allow enough length to tie a bow at the end.
Pull sections of the paper up one at a time to gather the wrapping paper/tissue around the pot.
Loop the cut twine, ribbon or elastic cord around the plant and tie with a pretty bow.
Things You Will Need
- Paper towels
- Wax paper
- Ribbons, twine or elastic cord
- Decorative or tissue paper
- Adding wrap to a plant pot should reflect your personal style in wrapping design. Also consider choosing a color combination that complements the home of the recipient. You definitely aren't limited to paper or tissue when wrapping plant pots. Try sections of fabric or cellophane to create a unique and personal look for your plant gifts.
- Create a thoughtful gift for your children to give by planting forced bulbs or seeds in a plastic plant container.
- Repair a Pool Liner With Tape
- Make Natural Fiber Plant Pots
- Insulation for Plants in Pots
- Care for Terra Cotta Pots
- Stromanthe Plant Care
- Use Wicker Baskets to Plant Flowers
- Care for & Water an Arabian Jasmine Plant
- Transform Your Plant Pots to Look Like Stone
- Use Styrofoam Peanuts in the Bottom of Plant Pots
- Protect Money Plant
- Grow Bleeding Hearts Indoors
- Fix Root Rot