A healthy green lawn can be yours with some careful planning and patience. Whether you are reseeding your lawn, or you have an established lawn but just wish to make the grass grow more quickly, there are some key tips to keep in mind to ensure you have a full lush lawn as fast as possible.
Spread a thin layer of mulch on top of your grass if it is young, or to protect from birds and to retain moisture. This works for established lawns in summer where the sun is very strong.
Use a fertilizer that is lower in nitrogen but high in phosphorous or potassium. This type of fertilizer helps grass grow quickly and encourages root growth. Follow the directions on the fertilizer box, because how you apply it depends on your climate, the type of grass and fertilizer.
Water the grass once a week, generously, for about 20 minutes in the morning. For young grass, do this in the evening as well. This helps promote strong root systems, which will help crowd out weeds and make the grass grow healthy and strong.
Make sure your grass doesn't get tramped on or ripped up as much as possible. Put up a fence or sign to restrict activity on the lawn, so that it doesn't stunt the growth or impair the root systems.
Things You Will Need
- Grass seed, if necessary
- Fence or sign
- Find the Best Grass for Florida Lawns
- How Much Grass Seed Per Square Foot?
- Care for Maiden Grass
- Care for New Fescue Sod
- Take Care of Zoysia Grass
- Put Tide on a Lawn to Grow Grass
- Neutralize Dog Urine on Grass
- Homemade Weed Killer That Does Not Kill Grass
- Garden Shenandoah Switch Grass
- Make the Best Homemade Liquid Lawn Fertilizer
- Calculate Square Yards for Grass Sod
- The Best Grass Seed for Full Sun