The message of the coral rose is a step down from the red rose’s message of “I love you.” The coral rose could be called the rose of flirting, since it symbolizes interest in someone without necessarily a commitment.
Coral for Flirting
Coral roses are not as intense as red roses, so they don't indicate the same intensity of feeling. They are a way to say, "You've got my attention."
Coral Means Desire
Coral roses can also indicate desire and passion. In some ways, they are just as romantic as red roses.
Coral for First Dates
Coral roses are a wonderful gift for a first date, since they express enthusiasm without going overboard.
Coral for "More than Friends"
Send coral roses to kick things up a notch. The coral rose is literally a mix of red and yellow, so its meaning rests between "I love you" and "you are my friend."
Other Meanings of Coral
Coral or orange roses are eye-catching and cheerful and can also tell someone "I'm proud of you," "good luck" or "good job."
- Flowers That Say I'm Sorry
- What Is the Meaning of Roses Quantity?
- What Is the Meaning of a Red Carnation?
- The Meaning of a Blue Rose
- Types of Flowers for Corsages
- Meaning of Orange Roses
- The Best Time to Cut Back Rose Bushes
- The Meaning of Blue Carnations
- The Importance of Rose Flowers
- Why Are Roses So Expensive?
- What Flowers Are Appropriate for a Funeral?
- Meaning of Pink Tulips