This isn't a cornbread but more like a big soft tea biscuit. It has a sweet taste and is a great accompaniment for any Carribean style meal.
Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a bowl. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in shortening until the mixture looks like fine crumbs.
Add milk while stirring with a fork to make a soft dough. Roll into a ball.
Knead the dough several times until smooth on a lightly floured surface. Roll out into 9-inch (23cm) circle. Place in a greased 9 inch (1.5L) round cake pan.
Bake in 425F (220C) oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Cur into wedges and serve warm.
- Ant Control
- How Far Apart Should Apple Trees Be Planted?
- Grow an Ornamental Sweet Potato Vine
- Make Dried Apple Wreaths
- Make Homemade Apple Pie Using Gala Apples
- Make Sunflower Halva
- Get Rid of Ant Mounds
- Building Raised Vegetable Garden Beds
- The Best Time to Cut Back Rose Bushes
- Take Care of Roses
- Using Sand in Gardening