Proper lawn care keeps your home looking great year-round. Use common household items, such as Tide detergent, in conjunction with store-bought chemicals to improve your lawn and control pests. Tide breaks down hard topsoil and improves the lawn's ability to accept both water and fertilizer.
Fill a hose-end sprayer with water. Add 1 tsp. Tide detergent. The Tide detergent helps the soil accept water more efficiently, increasing the amount of moisture your plants receive.
Apply fertilizer. Cover all areas, especially those that are dried and brown.
Water your lawn as needed using the Tide mixture.
Things You Will Need
- Tide detergent
- Mist/spray bottle
- Hose-end sprayer
- After you have washed your clothes with Tide detergent, pour the dirty water from the laundry around the perimeter of your home. This will deter slugs and other insects.
- At What Temperature Should You Apply Fertilizer to a New Lawn?
- Can I Use Olive Oil to Fertilize Plants?
- What Type of Grass Grows in the Shade?
- The Best Grass Seed in Southern California
- Building Raised Vegetable Garden Beds
- Germinate Bahia Grass Seeds
- Is Lucky Bamboo Poisonous to Cats?
- Use Peppermint to Get Rid of Fleas
- How Far Apart Should Apple Trees Be Planted?
- The Best Time to Cut Back Rose Bushes
- How Long Can Fertilizer Sit on a Yard Without Water?