Sahara DG, an herbicide made by the BASF Corp., is used on lawns to kill and control weeds. You can also use Sahara DG to get rid of stubborn vines. Sahara DG's active ingredients include imazapyr and diuron. When using Sahara DG to kill weeds, you must mix it correctly to ensure the weeds are killed with a single use.
Dress appropriately. Whenever you handle an herbicide you must be completely clothed to protect your skin. It is also a good idea to wear a set of goggles and a mask.
Weigh and place Sahara Grass Killer granules in your garden sprayer.
Add your gallon of water to the garden sprayer.
Mix the two ingredients with a wooden stick, similar to one used for mixing paint.
Set the lid on the garden sprayer and spray across the area of lawn you want to treat. This solution will over 450 sq. ft. You can double the ingredients if you need to cover 900 sq. ft.
Things You Will Need
- Long clothing
- 1/2 lb. Sahara Grass Killer
- 1 gallon of water
- Wooden stick
- Garden sprayer
- Stay off treated areas until the herbicide has dried completely.
- Do not apply more than two applications in one calendar year.
- Call 1-800-832-HELP if any of the Saraha DG gets on your skin or in your eyes or is inhaled.
- What Causes a Leaf Blower to Smoke?
- Use Ferti-Lome Weed Out in a Hose End Sprayer
- Mix Weed Killer
- Mix Tempo Insecticide
- Mix Up Killzall Herbicide Concentrate
- Mix Acme Super Brush Killer
- Kill Dallis Grass
- Herbicides for Pastures
- Kill Dallis Grass in Centipede Grass
- Use Image Weed Control With a Hose-End Sprayer
- Spray Weed Killer
- Harvest & Store Green Beans