Homemade bird toys are traditionally made from wood, rope and other strong objects. Although these objects are sturdy and practical, they may seem boring and unattractive next to the bright colors of flowers and leaves to which the birds are accustomed. To remedy this, many bird lovers dye bird toys various colors to make them more attractive---both for the birds and for other humans.
Choose food coloring that is made from vegetables rather than chemicals. Vegetable food coloring does not carry the risk of harming the birds in case they digest it.
Fill a large bowl with food coloring and add a few drops of vinegar.
Completely submerge the bird toys in the food coloring.
Leave them in the bowl overnight to allow the food coloring to dye the bird toys effectively.
Hang the bird toys to dry before using.
- Growing Edible Bamboo Shoots
- Design Ideas for Small Gardens
- Clean Sunflower Seeds
- Are Chinese Palm Plants Poisonous to Cats?
- Fertilizer for Vegetable Garden
- How Much Grass Seed Per Square Foot?
- The Average Height of Vegetable Plants
- Is a Horsetail Plant Dangerous to Dogs?
- Grow Cotton
- Keep Birds From Damaging Your Garden Vegetables
- Make Bird Food With Peanut Butter and Seeds