Homemade bird toys are traditionally made from wood, rope and other strong objects. Although these objects are sturdy and practical, they may seem boring and unattractive next to the bright colors of flowers and leaves to which the birds are accustomed. To remedy this, many bird lovers dye bird toys various colors to make them more attractive---both for the birds and for other humans.
Choose food coloring that is made from vegetables rather than chemicals. Vegetable food coloring does not carry the risk of harming the birds in case they digest it.
Fill a large bowl with food coloring and add a few drops of vinegar.
Completely submerge the bird toys in the food coloring.
Leave them in the bowl overnight to allow the food coloring to dye the bird toys effectively.
Hang the bird toys to dry before using.
- Design Ideas for Small Gardens
- Stop Bird Seed From Germinating
- The Average Size of the Venus Fly Trap
- The Best Time to Cut Back Rose Bushes
- Do Foxes Eat Both Plants & Animals?
- What Birds Eat Millet Seed?
- Quick Way to Get Rid of Birds
- What Kind of Birds Live in the Jungle?
- Grow an Ornamental Sweet Potato Vine
- Keep Birds Out of Hanging Baskets
- Protecting a Vegetable Garden From Squirrels
- Lowest Temperatures for Pepper Plants