It's important to build a sturdy fence around any swimming pool to prevent tragic accidents. Accidental death by drowning is the No. 2 cause of death in and around the home for children under 5, according the the U.S. Consumer Product safety Commission. A fence built to local codes is part of the layers of protection recommended to help protect children (and pets) from accidentally falling into a pool. The other layers include locked and alarmed outside doors to the pool area, pool motion detectors and mechanical pool safety covers that completely and securely cover the pool.
- Design Ideas for Small Gardens
- Prepare a Concrete Wall for Painting
- Is a Horsetail Plant Dangerous to Dogs?
- The Best Grass Seed in Southern California
- Growing Edible Bamboo Shoots
- Pool Fence Laws in Maryland
- Get Rid of Ant Mounds
- Installing Gazebo Support Beams
- Harvest & Store Green Beans
- Finishing Ideas for Above-Ground Swimming Pools
- When to Plant Azalea Bushes