How to Use a Swimming Pool Flocculant. Swimming pool filters remove debris and some particles, but a flocculant can clear the water of microscopic particles. Flocculants attach to these tiny particles, and they are then whisked from the swimming pool by the filters.
Clean he swimming pool with a cartridge or sand filtration system if you have a large pool. Skimming alone won't work.
Buy a flocculant from a pool store or order online. Flocculants come in granules and tablets. The tablet form takes longer to dissolve and acts slowly. The smaller granules go to work immediately and clean the water quickly.
Add a flocculant tablet or granules to the pool water in the evening before going to bed. Run the pool's filtration system overnight. In the morning the pool water should be cleaned of the particles created by the flocculant.
Add a flocculant to the water at the first sign of cloudiness. Cloudiness in the water is caused by various particulates, and flocculants can clear up the water overnight.
- Ant Control
- Installing Gazebo Support Beams
- Grow Peach Trees From Seeds
- Can Plants Survive on Other Liquids Besides Water?
- Get Rid of Ant Mounds
- Harvest & Store Green Beans
- How Much Sun Do Knockout Roses Need?
- Building Raised Vegetable Garden Beds
- Get Rid of Stink Bugs
- Do Geraniums Need Full Sun All Day?
- Get Rid of Water Bugs in a Pool
- Trim Roses