Pebble Tec is short for Pebble Technology. This is a company that supplies outdoor pool finishes to homeowners. This is a unique pool finish because it’s made from pebbles. The pebbles offer homeowners a variety of color and texture options, and they make the pool finish stain-resistant for easy maintenance and non-slip for added safety. Pebble Tec offers owners of their particular type of pool finish several instructions for caring for the Pebble Tec pool.
Monitor the pH level, alkalinity level and calcium hardness within your Pebble Tec pool consistently for the first 30 days after installation using pool-testing equipment. The pH level should be between 7.4 and 7.6. The alkalinity level should be between 80 and 120 parts per million (ppm) and the calcium hardness should be between 200 and 400 ppm.
Add muriatic acid to your Pebble Tec pool two or three times per week during the first 30 days after installation. This will also help keep the water balanced.
Keep chlorine out of your Pebble Tec pool until all other pool chemicals are perfectly balanced.
Skim large debris out of your Pebble Tec pool regularly to keep the water clean. A buildup of debris can disrupt the chemical balance within the pool.
Keep stains from forming on the pebble finish of your Pebble Tec pool by using a pool stain remover. Pebble Technology recommends purchasing The Purple Stuff from JacksMagic.com. This product is approved for use on the Pebble Tec finish.
- Clean the Ring Around the Pool Tile
- Remove Cement & Mortar Stains From Paving Stones
- Flagstone Vs. Limestone
- What Is the Difference Between Intex Pools?
- Alternatives to Concrete Steps
- Clean Concrete With Household Products
- Pros & Cons of an Inground Pool
- Keep Bugs out of a Backyard Pool
- Methods of Cleaning Flag Stone
- Pool Coping: Do-It-Yourself
- What Food Safe Sealer Can I Use on Concrete Countertops?
- Clean a Concrete Walkway