A lawn tractor blade hitting an obstruction or just plain wear and tear can lead to the replacement of the mower drive belt on a Husqvarna cutting deck, or any other lawn tractor’s mowing deck for that matter. Any belt will eventually break or need replacement due to wear. Replacing the mower drive belt on a Husqvarna Riding Tractor looks difficult at first glance but, in reality, it is a job that most homeowners are capable of performing.
Park the Husqvarna Riding Tractor on a level surface and engage the parking brake, following the manufacturer’s instructions in the owner’s manual.
Remove the belt tension rod from the locking bracket and move the ride to the left to release the belt tension. Both are located on the top left side of the mower deck.
Remove the mandrel covers, using whatever tools are necessary from a tool kit and following the instructions in the Husqvarna Riding Tractor owner’s manual.
Clean any dirt or grass clippings that have accumulated around the mandrels and the upper deck surface.
Remove the old belt, if the old belt remains intact, from the electric clutch pulley, the mandrel pulleys and the idler pulleys.
Install a new belt around the mandrel pulleys, the idler pulleys and electric clutch pulley, following the instructions in the Husqvarna Riding Tractor owner’s manual.
Replace the mandrel covers and reengage the belt tension rod, locking it in its locking bracket, completing the belt change on the Husqvarna Riding Tractor.
- How Do I Override a Craftsman Lawn Tractor Backup Switch?
- Grow an Ornamental Sweet Potato Vine
- Adjust the Drive Belt on a Craftsman Lawn Tractor
- Change Scag Mower Blades
- Remove the Blade on a Toro Zero-Turn Lawn Mower
- Will A Clogged Exhaust on Lawn Mower Stop The Engine?
- Installing Gazebo Support Beams
- Design Ideas for Small Gardens
- Is Lucky Bamboo Poisonous to Cats?
- Sharpen a Manual Push Mower
- Remove a John Deere Mower Deck