Barrel cactus plants are shaped as the name implies, stout and fat with thick ridges that ascend in a slight spiral toward the crown. They sport long, slightly hooked spines and in spring burst forth with plump, yellow fruit shaped like tiny pineapples. Like many desert specimens, they adapt well to harsh conditions and can sometimes be found hiding beneath shady desert scrub.
- What Is the Minimum Temperature for Begonia Tubers?
- Do Pine Trees Have a Taproot?
- How Much Lime to Add to Water to Raise the PH From 7 to 8?
- What Are the Different Types of Cacti Living in Mexico?
- How Far Should You Plant Tomatoes From Each Other?
- Fertilize Green Giant Thuja
- The Average Size of the Venus Fly Trap
- Use Peppermint to Get Rid of Fleas
- How Long to Plant Grass Seeds After Using Fungicide?
- How Long Do Sequoia Trees Live?
- Flowering Trees in Texas
- Prune Lily-of-the-Valley