Buy Balloon Flower Seeds
Plant InformationBotanical Name: Platycodon grandiflorus
Life Cycle: Perennial
Planting Time: Spring or fall
Height: 12" to 24"
Exposure: Sun or light shade
Hardiness: Zones 3 to 8
Bloom Time: Mid- to late summer
Propagation: Seeds. Plant is difficult to divide.
Uses: Containers, edgings, borders
- Showy buds and blossoms mix well with fine textured foliage perennials
- An excellent companion to Sweet Williams.
- Watch for drab spots in the garden in late summer, and plan to plant balloon flowers where needed
- How Much Sun Do Knockout Roses Need?
- The Best Time to Seed Kentucky Bluegrass
- Zone 8 Winter Flowers
- Collect Ice Plant Seeds
- Plant Moon Flowers
- Rose Mallow
- Plant and Grow Forget-Me-Not Cynoglossum Blue
- Grow Astilbe From Seed
- Grow Peach Trees From Seeds
- Harvest Coneflower Seeds
- What Is the Best Time to Plant Flowers in Michigan?
- Fix a Broken Cactus