Tall fescue is the best type of grass seed for the Southern Piedmont and Eastern Virginia, notes Diane Relf, an extension specialist at Virginia Tech. For lawns in the Northern Piedmont and areas west of and in the Blue Ridge Mountains, try either tall fescue or Kentucky bluegrass.
- How Long Does It Take for Grass Seed to Sprout?
- How Far Apart Should Apple Trees Be Planted?
- What Type of Grass Grows in the Shade?
- Know When to Plant Sunflowers
- Do Deer Like to Eat River Birch Trees?
- How Many Pounds of Corn Seed to an Acre?
- What is the Fastest Growing Fruit Tree?
- The Best Time to Seed Kentucky Bluegrass
- Fertilizer for Vegetable Garden
- When to Plant Azalea Bushes
- Grow Zebra Grass
- When to Plant Grass Seed in West Virginia