Tall fescue is the best type of grass seed for the Southern Piedmont and Eastern Virginia, notes Diane Relf, an extension specialist at Virginia Tech. For lawns in the Northern Piedmont and areas west of and in the Blue Ridge Mountains, try either tall fescue or Kentucky bluegrass.
- Installing Gazebo Support Beams
- What Weed Killer Kills Buckthorn?
- When to Plant Grass Seed in West Virginia
- Building Raised Vegetable Garden Beds
- What Type of Grass Grows in the Shade?
- Get Rid of Ant Mounds
- How Many Pounds of Corn Seed to an Acre?
- Trim Roses
- How Far Apart Should Apple Trees Be Planted?
- How Long Does It Take for Grass Seed to Sprout?
- What is the Fastest Growing Fruit Tree?
- The Best Time to Seed Kentucky Bluegrass