Montana lies in USDA plant hardiness zones 2b through 5. Rocky Mountain maples are native to the zone 4 and 5 areas of southern, central and western Montana. Boxelder maple thrives in Montana's zones 3 and 4. Amur maple is an introduced maple variety that is hardy throughout the state.
- The Best Grass Seed in Southern California
- How Far Apart Should Apple Trees Be Planted?
- Make a Compost Bin From a Garbage Can
- How Much Sun Do Knockout Roses Need?
- Grow Zebra Grass
- Fertilizer for Vegetable Garden
- Identify Silver Maple Trees
- Uses of the Sugar Maple Tree
- The Best Time to Prune a Lilac Tree
- Know When to Plant Sunflowers
- What Type of Grass Grows in the Shade?
- Growing Edible Bamboo Shoots