Montana lies in USDA plant hardiness zones 2b through 5. Rocky Mountain maples are native to the zone 4 and 5 areas of southern, central and western Montana. Boxelder maple thrives in Montana's zones 3 and 4. Amur maple is an introduced maple variety that is hardy throughout the state.
- The Best Time to Prune a Lilac Tree
- What Weed Killer Kills Buckthorn?
- Is a Horsetail Plant Dangerous to Dogs?
- Are Chinese Palm Plants Poisonous to Cats?
- How Fast Does a Crimson King Maple Grow?
- Get Rid of Ant Mounds
- The Best Grass Seed in Southern California
- How Long Does it Take for a Morel Mushroom to Grow?
- Know When to Plant Sunflowers
- Trim Roses
- Make a Compost Bin From a Garbage Can
- How Far Apart Should Apple Trees Be Planted?