Corn is a type of grass, so use a broadleaf herbicide to control weeds around sweet corn without affecting it. For grass weeds, consult with your local extension office for suggestions. Weed killers are divided into three general types according to the plants it affects: grasses, broadleaf and broad spectrum. Broad spectrum kills all types of plants, so should not be used around corn plants.
- Design Ideas for Small Gardens
- Get Rid of Ant Mounds
- How Far Apart Do You Plant Tomatoes?
- Eliminate Weeds from a Sweet Corn Patch
- The Best Time to Treat Lawn Weeds
- Store Corn
- What Does a Potato Plant Look Like?
- Grow an Ornamental Sweet Potato Vine
- Trim Roses
- Using Sand in Gardening
- Grow Silver King Corn