Corn is a type of grass, so use a broadleaf herbicide to control weeds around sweet corn without affecting it. For grass weeds, consult with your local extension office for suggestions. Weed killers are divided into three general types according to the plants it affects: grasses, broadleaf and broad spectrum. Broad spectrum kills all types of plants, so should not be used around corn plants.
- When to Plant a Vegetable Garden in Oklahoma?
- Design Ideas for Small Gardens
- Grow Zebra Grass
- Get Rid of Stink Bugs
- Grow Silver King Corn
- What Weed Killer Kills Buckthorn?
- The Best Time to Treat Lawn Weeds
- How Long Is the Oat Growing Season?
- The Best Grass Seed for Full Sun
- Make a Compost Bin From a Garbage Can
- How Long Does It Take for Grass Seed to Sprout?