Flowering plants are classified as monocots (Liliopsida) or dicots (Magnoliopsida). Plants in the grass family (Poacea) are monocots. Ryegrass is one of the six monocot food grasses that provide--directly or indirectly--75 percent of the food people eat.
- What Is Pre-Emergent Herbicide?
- Care of Sea Oats Grass
- Kill Quack Grass
- What Type of Grass Grows in the Shade?
- Care for New Fescue Sod
- Harvest Wheat Grass
- Lawn Weed & Feed Ingredients
- Types of Grass in Fresno
- Spread Buffel Grass Seed
- The Best Time to Plant Grass in Kansas
- Garden Shenandoah Switch Grass
- Prune Ornamental Grasses