A garden hose is a flexible, rubber tube that allows you to carry water from your spigot out to your plants and flowers. You can connect sprinklers and other items to the hose in order to effectively irrigate your lawn. Connecting more than one hose together can be as simple as screwing the two threaded ends together. A hose connector allows you to connect hoses of different sizes together, and is easier to screw onto the ends than continuously turning the hose to screw the ends together.
Measure the outside diameter of the end of your garden hoses. This will give you the size of connector that you will need to connect the two hoses together.
Write down the two measurements for your connector. Purchase a connector with two different sized ends at your local home improvement store. Ask a store assistant if you are having trouble finding the correct size. Choose a durable connector. Plastic connectors will crack easy and cause the hoses to leak at the connection. Brass connectors are durable, will resist weather and are less likely to rust.
Screw the connector onto one end of your garden hose. Then add the other hose by screwing it into the other end of connector. This will join the two hoses together.
Turn on your water supply and check for leaks at the connector site. Hand tighten the connection or use a wrench to tighten the connection until you no longer have a leak.
Things You Will Need
- Garden hoses
- Hose connector
- Tape measure
- Replace a Lawn Mower Fuel Line
- Change a Weedeater Fuel Filter
- Gravity Drip System for Plants
- Use Polaris Pool Cleaner
- Assemble Intex Plunger Valves
- Attach a Garden Hose to a Rain Barrel
- DIY Above Ground Sprinkler Systems
- Replace Rainbird Sprinklers
- Install Drip Irrigation in a Vegetable Garden
- Make a Rain Barrel Drip Watering System
- Repair a Hole in a Garden Hose
- Make a Garden Hose Reel From Wood