The ideal depth for planting corn seeds in average soil conditions is 1 1/2 to 2 inches. Plant seeds 2 to 3 inches deep in sandy or dry soil conditions. Seeds planted shallower than 1 1/2 inches may be eaten by birds or rodents and fail to root properly.
- Grow Corn in Raised Beds
- Soak Corn Seeds Before Planting
- How Far Should You Plant Tomatoes From Each Other?
- Grow Quinoa
- Grow Lady Fingers
- How Long Does it Take a Papaya Tree to Produce Fruit?
- Grow Fireweed
- How Long to Plant Grass Seeds After Using Fungicide?
- Grow a Habanero Pepper
- What Is the Difference Between the Germination of a Bean Seed & the Germination of a Corn Seed?
- Steps to Planting Corn
- Plant Beet Seeds