Fiberglass swimming pools are available in a variety of shapes and sizes and are the fastest type of pool to install. The fiberglass gives the pool a more finished look than a vinyl pool. A fiberglass in-ground pool is an ideal choice if you want a sturdy, dependable pool. Although there are several advantages of fiberglass over vinyl or gunite pools, there are also disadvantages to a fiberglass pool.
Fiberglass pools are more expensive than vinyl pools. The additional expense is due to the fact that fiberglass pools are more durable and have a longer lifespan compared to vinyl pools. The expense comes with the set up of the pool not the maintenance because the maintenance costs of a fiberglass pool are actually less than for vinyl or gunite pools.
Shorter Lifespan than Gunite Pools
Although fiberglass pools are more durable than vinyl pools, they are not as long-lasting as gunite pools. Manufacturers construct gunite pools out of various types of rocks that last much longer than fiberglass. Even if you take proper care of a fiberglass pool – including scheduled cleanings and using the proper chemicals – the pool will still not last as long as a gunite pool.
The widest fiberglass pool is limited to 16 feet as this is the widest load that manufacturers can transport via the road. Manufacturers make the pool offsite and transport it to the installation location via pilot cars and over width tractor trailers.
Limited Shapes & Designs
Due to the fact that manufacturers build fiberglass pools from a mold, they are limited on the shapes and designs that they can create. Different manufacturers sell a variety of different shapes; however, the amount of shapes and designs is limited compared to that of vinyl, gunite or concrete pools.
- MTD 139 CC OHV Engine Specs
- Leveling Problems With an Intex Inflatable Above-Ground Pool
- Expandable Pool Liner Installation
- What Is Basalt Used for?
- Mix 3000 PSI Concrete
- Replace the Blade on a Toro Recycler 6.5 Lawn Mower
- What Are the Advantages of Metal Frame Pools Over the Easy Set Pool?
- Building Raised Vegetable Garden Beds
- Adjust the Steering on My Craftsman Lawn Tractor
- Grow an Ornamental Sweet Potato Vine
- Make a Rough Concrete Edge Smooth on a Pool
- Installing Gazebo Support Beams