Landscape rock varies in diameter from 1/8 inch to 1 1/2 inch and replaces mulch or serves as decorative borders and walking surfaces. Sunset magazine suggests laying the stone to a depth of 2 to 3 inches. A ton of 1/2-inch rock covers 110 square feet, 2 inches deep, while 1 ton of 1-inch rock covers 100 square feet.
- Convert Square Footage of Rocks to Tons for Landscaping
- How Tall Does a Caladium Get?
- Do Pine Trees Have a Taproot?
- How To Landscape With Stone Mulch
- Do Deer Like to Eat River Birch Trees?
- Are Chinese Palm Plants Poisonous to Cats?
- How Far Should You Plant Tomatoes From Each Other?
- What Weed Killer Kills Buckthorn?
- How much land will 1 cubic yard of mulch cover?
- How Long Do Sequoia Trees Live?
- How Much Lime to Add to Water to Raise the PH From 7 to 8?
- Measure an Area for Landscape Stone