If you're a wine lover who tends to hold on to corks, turn them into something festive this Christmas. A wine cork Christmas tree makes a clever table decoration and is very simple to make even if you're not very crafty. Decorate the tree as you desire and your friends will think you paid a lot of money for this eclectic decoration. It's also a good way to use up those wine corks that are gathering dust in your home.
Glue the corks on to the cone with a hot glue gun. Start from the bottom and work your way up, gluing the corks vertically around the cone in rows. The entire cone should be covered, culminating in one cork on the very top of the cone.
Allow the corks to dry overnight.
Decorate the tree. This could be done a couple of different ways. An ornament can be glued to the top of the tree and smaller ornaments can be placed on the corks using straight pins. Wine charms make good ornaments and will carry out the wine theme. These can be pinned on the corks. Add ribbon to look like tinsel, or stick small gift bows on the corks.
Things You Will Need
- Styrofoam 9-inch cone
- Hot glue gun
- Straight pins
- Wine charms
- Make a Simple Weathervane
- Make a Wind Chime Out of Tea Cups & Saucers
- Make a Halloween Flying Tree Ghost
- Make a Toy Boat
- Make a Money Tree for a Milestone Birthday
- DIY Wood Pallet Christmas Tree
- Make Things With Osage Orange
- Make a Birdhouse for a Cardinal
- Get Tree Sap Off Hands
- 10 Easy Ways to Improve Your Home's Curb Appeal
- Crafts With Norway Spruce Cones
- Make Floral Swags