Sea Foam is a multi-purpose gas and oil treatment that conditions all engine parts in the fuel and oil delivery system. Engine components require lubrication to operate properly and to keep moving parts from rubbing and deteriorating. Extreme temperature changes from night to day can cause condensation in your gas and oil tanks and make your riding tractor hesitate, stall or smoke. Sea Foam is designed to lubricate and correct all of these problems to give your tractor a smoother idle, improve the power and pickup and eliminate hesitations.
Fill a gas can with gasoline. Pour 2 oz. of Sea Foam into the gas can for each gallon of gas in it.
Pick up the gas can and swirl it in a circle to thoroughly mix the Sea Foam into the gasoline.
Unscrew the cap on the riding tractor gas tank counterclockwise and lift it straight off. Fill the gas tank with the gasoline mixture. Replace the cap and turn it clockwise to tighten it. This mixture will control moisture buildup in the tractor’s fuel and stabilize the gasoline in the gas can for two years.
Pour a quart of oil into a 1-gallon gas can.
Add 1 1/2 ounces of Sea Foam to the oil. Pick up the gas can and swirl it to mix the oil and Sea Foam together.
Place a flat-head screwdriver in between the two nubs on the oil cap. Twist the screwdriver counterclockwise to open the cap. Fill the oil filler tube with oil until you see it near the top of the filler tube. Replace the cap and screw it on tightly. Treating a riding tractor’s oil with Sea Foam cleans the PCV system, cleans engine sludge from the crank case, controls moisture buildup in the oil and cleans the lifters and oil rings.
Things You Will Need
- Gas can
- Sea Foam
- 1-gallon gas can
- Flat-head screwdriver
- Replace a John Deere 613 Bush Hog Gearbox
- Oil a Ryobi Battery Powered Electric Chain Saw
- How Do I Determine the Oil to Gas Ratio in a Weed Trimmer?
- Clean a Lawn Mower Engine
- Change the Oil on a Craftsman 675 Series Mower
- What Is in Tiki Torch Fluid?
- Clean an Oil Bath Air Filter
- Troubleshoot a Yardman Riding Lawn Mower
- Change the Oil on a Troy-Bilt Lawn Mower Model 556
- Add Oil to a Murray Lawn Mower
- Change the Transmission Fluid in a Sears Lawn Tractor
- Change the Oil on a MTD Riding Lawnmower