Bumblebees are not only cute, but they are important for the environment. They are active in spreading pollen from flowers and other plants. Although bumblebees are beneficial for the environment, they can be a nuisance. Bumblebees can sting multiple times because their stinger does not fall out. To properly scare away a single bumble bee, there are simple natural and chemical methods.
Fill a liquid spray bottle with water. Spray water in the direction of the bumblebee. The moisture wets the wings and makes it difficult for the bumblebee to fly near you.
Spray the bumblebee with an aerosol spray can. Simple hair spray can scare the bumblebee without killing it.
Strike, but don't smash, the bumblebee with a fly swatter. The strike will confuse the bumblebee and scare it away.
Spray your body with bee repellant. Peppermint oil or DEET are common bee repellents.
Wear protective gloves, goggles, mask and clothing. Fill a hand duster with carbaryl powder. Squeeze the hand duster in the direction of the bumblebee. Carbaryl is a pesticide that kills bumblebees.
Things You Will Need
- Liquid spray bottle
- Aerosol spray can
- Fly swatter
- Peppermint oil
- Carbaryl powder
- Hand duster
- Protective gloves
- Protective goggles
- Protective mask
- Protective clothing
- Carbaryl powder is toxic if ingested or inhaled in large amounts. Wear protective items and handle with care.
- If you are stung by bumblebee and have a hard time breathing, seek professional help immediately.
- Get Rid of Burrowing Bees
- Grow a Mouse Plant
- The Best Way to Kill Poison Ivy
- Grow Cotton
- Clean Mold Out of Glass Hummingbird Feeders
- Quickly Kill Poison Ivy
- Make Homemade Ant Killer
- Build a Swarm Trap
- Use Peppermint to Get Rid of Fleas
- Mix Tempo Insecticide
- Best Get Rid of Ticks in the Yard