Fruit flies are a headache for most gardeners as the flies can attack fruis and ruin your harvest. Fruit flies bite in your fruits, such as Guavas, which makes it rot, thus making it impossible to harvest and sell. The best way to protect your fruit from flies is by spraying chemical or organic pesticides over the plants and fruits which in turn will kill nearly all of the fruit flies.
Fill a sprayer with a premixed organic or chemical pesticide of your choice.
Pump up the sprayer and go around in your garden spraying your guava trees with a pesticide to prevent fruit fly infestation.
Fill a plastic bottle with honey and some water. Shake the mixture until the honey dissolves in the water.
Cut a 2-inch hole in the neck of the bottle using a sharp knife. Wrap a string around the neck of the bottle and hang it up on a tree. The sweet smell of the honey will seduce the flies into the bottle and they will suffocate in the water.
Things You Will Need
- Premixed pesticide
- Plastic bottle
- Collect already infested fruits and burn them in kerosene or cover them in cooking oil.
- Homemade Organic Pesticide for Fruit Trees
- What is the Fastest Growing Fruit Tree?
- Care for Fruit Trees With Insects
- Keep Bees Out of Grapes
- Keep Ants Away From Citrus Trees
- Pomegranate Tree Problems
- Keep Raccoons Out of Fruit Trees
- The Best Times to Plant Fruit Trees
- Mix Tempo Insecticide
- Home Remedy Sprays for Fruit Trees
- Plant Calamansi
- Fruit Trees That Grow in Baguio City