A pool vacuum is used to remove contaminants that get into a pool's water. To make a portable pool vacuum to remove items that foul the inside of a pool, use a wet/dry vacuum and a garden hose. The portable pool vacuum made from these components, which are available at hardware stores, will enable you to clean hard-to-reach areas of the pool.
Stand a wet/dry vacuum on the pool's deck. Plug the vacuum’s power cord into an alternating current (AC) electrical outlet.
Insert one end of a 20-foot long garden hose into the hose that is attached to the vacuum. Wrap strips of waterproof tape around the end of the hose until it is totally covered to connect the two hoses.
Straighten out the garden hose. Hold its non-taped end against an inside edge of the pool. Turn on the wet/dry vacuum. Run the end of the garden hose against the edges of the pool to remove dirt and other contaminants from the pool.
Move your portable pool vacuum to another area of the pool that needs cleaning. Also vacuum hard-to-reach areas of the pool that the internal pool filter cannot reach.
Turn off the portable pool vacuum when you are finished cleaning. Remove the garden hose from the water, and place it on the deck. Remove the vacuum’s power cord from the AC outlet. Empty the water from inside the vacuum.
Things You Will Need
- Wet/dry vacuum
- Garden hose, 20 feet long
- Waterproof tape
- Always take proper safety measures when using an electrically powered device around a pool to avoid electrocution.
- Use a Rain Barrel for a Sprinkler System
- Remove the String Head on a McCullough Trimmer
- Make a Rain Barrel Drip Watering System
- Installing Gazebo Support Beams
- Design Ideas for Small Gardens
- Clean the Ring Around the Pool Tile
- Get Rid of Stink Bugs
- Are Chinese Palm Plants Poisonous to Cats?
- Use the Lil Shark Pool Cleaner
- Winterize a Lawn Sprinkler Pump
- Is the Lucky Bamboo Plant a Good Clean Air Plant?