The Dirt Devil Vision is an upright vacuum with cyclonic filtration technology, a 12-amp motor, bottom-empty dirt cup, turbine power hand tool, several height settings, HEPA filtration, 25-foot cord, stretchable cord, and a headlight. You can buy the vacuum online or in various appliance, home retail, or department stores and it's typically sold with a limited warranty. You can resolve general problems that arise with the vacuum through some troubleshooting and may not require the use of the warranty.
Connect the Dirt Devil to a power outlet if the vacuum isn't turning on or running. Replace or reset the fuse or circuit breaker for the outlet you're using if necessary.
Turn off and unplug the vacuum if the thermal protector was activated due to motor overload and the vacuum automatically turned off. Allow the vacuum to cool completely before restarting the unit.
Push down on the dirt container lever on the front of the unit to release it if the dirt container is full or the vacuum is losing suction. Remove the dirt container and empty it over a waste bin. Push the button on the base of the vacuum towards the side to release the filter housing. Lift up on the filter to remove and take the filter out of the housing. Tap the filter over a waste bin to remove dirt and debris.
Inspect the nozzle or hose if there's low or no suction during use. Clear away obstructions that may be preventing proper air flow.
Adjust the height setting until there's a steady humming sound and the vacuum is suctioning properly if the vacuum doesn't sound right and isn't suctioning up dirt or debris.
Empty the dirt container if there's dust coming out of the vacuum during use.
Things You Will Need
- Waste bin
- Contact Dirt Devil with any additional questions or concerns.
- Troubleshoot a Rheem Furnace Humming Noise
- Remove the Impeller on a Hayward Pool Pump
- Change Sand in a Sta-Rite Sand Filter
- Troubleshooting a Raypak Digital Pool Heater
- Adjust the Idle in a Honda OHV Lawn Mower
- Remove Cannondale Lefty
- Clean a Briggs Intek Carburetor
- How do I Replace a Vornado Blade?
- Stihl BG 55 Handheld Blower Troubleshooting
- Mantis Tiller Problems
- Clean a Hayward Sand Filter
- What Causes a Leaf Blower to Smoke?