The Ryobi CS26 is a trimmer used for work outside your home. The trimmer can be used to edge grass as well as remove weeds. The Ryobi CS26 is a gas-powered tool, and will not start if it does not have fuel. Your Ryobi CS26 will start only if you follow the proper protocol.
Starting the Trimmer
Fill the fuel tank with 2-cycle fuel.
Move the clutch dial to the “Start-up" position.
Press the fuel primer two times.
Pull the cord away from the motor until the engine turns over once.
Move the clutch dial to the “Run” position.
Pull the cord extending from the engine again to start the trimmer.
Check your gas tank and make sure your Ryobi CS26 has fuel. If the trimmer does not have fuel, it will not start.
Prime your pump at least twice before starting up a cold trimmer. If your Ryobi CS26 has recently been used, do not use the primer as it may flood your engine.
Check the clutch position before every start-up attempt. If the clutch is set to "Run" when you are attempting a cold start, the engine will not turn over.
Stop attempting to start the trimmer if you notice a fuel leak. Take your trimmer to an authorized Ryobi repair center as fuel leaks can be very dangerous.
Things You Will Need
- 2-cycle fuel
- Start a Murray Lawnmower
- Troubleshooting Idling Problems in Push Lawn Mowers
- Start My Mantis Tiller
- How To Start a John Deere Riding Mower
- John Deere TRS-21 Snow Blower Instructions
- Poulan P3314 Chainsaw Troubleshooting
- Get Old Lawn Mowers Started
- Troubleshoot a Weed Trimmer
- Replace the Fuel Line on a Ryobi String Trimmer
- Troubleshooting a Craftsman Riding Lawn Mower
- STIHL Weedeater Troubleshooting
- Adjust the Idle in a Honda OHV Lawn Mower