The Ryobi CS26 is a trimmer used for work outside your home. The trimmer can be used to edge grass as well as remove weeds. The Ryobi CS26 is a gas-powered tool, and will not start if it does not have fuel. Your Ryobi CS26 will start only if you follow the proper protocol.
Starting the Trimmer
Fill the fuel tank with 2-cycle fuel.
Move the clutch dial to the “Start-up" position.
Press the fuel primer two times.
Pull the cord away from the motor until the engine turns over once.
Move the clutch dial to the “Run” position.
Pull the cord extending from the engine again to start the trimmer.
Check your gas tank and make sure your Ryobi CS26 has fuel. If the trimmer does not have fuel, it will not start.
Prime your pump at least twice before starting up a cold trimmer. If your Ryobi CS26 has recently been used, do not use the primer as it may flood your engine.
Check the clutch position before every start-up attempt. If the clutch is set to "Run" when you are attempting a cold start, the engine will not turn over.
Stop attempting to start the trimmer if you notice a fuel leak. Take your trimmer to an authorized Ryobi repair center as fuel leaks can be very dangerous.
Things You Will Need
- 2-cycle fuel
- Remove the Carburetor from a Toro Lawnmower
- Start a Gas Weed Eater
- Fix a Mantis Tiller That Won't Start
- Start My Mantis Tiller
- Troubleshoot the Bolens BL150 Trimmer
- Tune Up a Tecumseh Engine
- Mix Oil & Gas for a Ryobi Gas Trimmer
- How Do I Start a John Deere EZtrak Z425?
- Adjust the Carburetor of a Weedeater SST25
- MTD 139 CC OHV Engine Specs
- Remove gas From Lawnmower
- Start Echo Chainsaws