The throttle cable on a chainsaw runs from the throttle trigger to the carburetor. Squeezing the trigger pulls the cable, opening the carburetor and allowing in more fuel. The cable uses a locking mechanism, an important safety feature that ensures the chain only spins when the bottom trigger is squeezed and the top is pressed down.
Attach the throttle cable to the throttle lever. Install the throttle cable in the tank unit by threading the cable into the unit. Place the cable-lever arm into the lip underneath the handgrip.
Push the throttle lever’s pivot into its hole on the handle using the rubber driver. Connect the throttle spring to the recess in the throttle lock. Hold the spring in place, and insert the throttle lock into the recess in the handgrip. Fit the throttle return-spring into the handgrip.
Twist the throttle lock into position so that the catch passes down by the throttle lever inside the handgrip. Press in the throttle lock’s pivot pin with the rubber driver.
Reconnect the fuel hose to the intake valve on the carburetor. Refit the front hand-grip, tightening its screws to the engine. Push the throttle cable into its hole in the bottom of the carburetor space. Reattach the lead wire to the stop switch.
Screw down the bolt on the flywheel side of the engine with the screwdriver. Fit the front handle into place. Tighten its bolts, anchoring it to the engine. Reinstall the chain catcher to the front of the engine.
Slide the throttle cable into its position next to the carburetor. Connect the throttle cable to the carburetor.
Things You Will Need
- Rubber driver
- Install a Needle & Seat in a Tecumseh Carburetor
- Install a Vent Hood Through Concrete Walls
- Start Echo Chainsaws
- Hook Up a Pool Heater
- Change the Trigger on a Ryobi Trimmer
- Change the Drive Belt on a Craftsman Zts 7500 Riding Mower
- Adjust the Idle in a Honda OHV Lawn Mower
- Adjust the Drive Belt on a Craftsman Lawn Tractor
- Problem with Oil Leaking onto Clutch of Stihl MS250
- Connect a Pipe to Concrete Block
- Replace a Sears Lawn Mower Battery
- Install a Chain on a Craftsman Chainsaw