The onset of harsh winter months necessitates winterizing above-ground pools. Once the water is winter ready and the tarp is in place, pool owners may think their pools are set to survive the frigid months ahead. Tarps are typically secured with a cable and clips leaving edges of the tarp free. Unfortunately, gusting winter winds catch the loose edges and whip them against the pool, causing damage to the tarp and the pool. Avoid costly pool repairs and expensive tarp replacements simply by shrink wrapping the tarp securely against the pool.
Place the end of the shrink wrap against the pool so that half of the shrink wrap's width covers the tarp edge and the other half continues down the pool's side. Tape the end against the side of the pool. Wrap the shrink wrap around the pool a minimum of five times.
Using scissors cut the shrink wrap from the roll. Tuck the end of the wrap securely under a previous layer of shrink wrap.
Plug the extension cord into an outlet and plug the hair dryer into the extension cord. Turn the hair dryer on the high setting. Direct the stream of hot air at the shrink wrap. Hold the blow dryer 3 to 4 inches from the surface of the shrink wrap. Slowly move the hair dryer up and down the shrink wrap, shrinking and molding it to the pool. Continue around the diameter of the pool until the wrap is shrank tightly against the pool.
Things You Will Need
- Shrink wrap, 12 inches wide
- Grey tape
- Extension cord
- Hair dryer
- Build a Swimming Pool Fence
- Install a Hayward Side Wall Skimmer in an Above-Ground Pool
- Use Polaris Pool Cleaner
- Above-Ground Pool Ladder Installation
- Vogue Pool Assembly Instructions
- Install Gorilla Bottom Above-Ground Pool Floor Padding
- Expandable Pool Liner Installation
- Keep Nut Grass From Ruining Your Pool Liner
- Grow Melons in Wading Pools
- Build an Above Ground Pool Ladder
- Use the Lil Shark Pool Cleaner
- Remove Wrinkles From a Pool Liner