Vornado air circulators are one way to circulate the air in a room for comfort. The small design operates like much larger fans. The blades on the Vornado Zippi model are not encased within a housing while the Classic does have a housing. You can only replace broken blades on the Classic model. Replacing blades is a matter of removing the grill to access the blade.
Turn off the Vornado and unplug the power cord from the wall outlet. Locate the three support tabs securing the Vornado grill to the body of the fan.
Place masking tape over the tip of a flat-head screwdriver. The tape protects the finish of the fan when you pry the tabs with the screwdriver.
Position the flat-head screwdriver under the angle portion of the support tabs and pull the tab away from the fan body. Repeat for all three support tabs. Pull the grill away from the body with your fingers.
Grasp the blade on both ends and pull it straight off the motor shaft. Push the center of the new blade over the motor shaft. The blade only fits on the shaft one way.
Put the grill back over the front of the housing and press the support tabs down to secure the grill to the housing.
Things You Will Need
- Masking tape
- Flat-head screwdriver
- Replacement blade
- The blades for the Vornado Zippi model should not be removed except by an authorized service dealer. You can contact Vornado at 1-800-234-0604 for dealers and service near you, as well as for replacement blades.
- Oil a Vornado Rotating Fan
- Remove Cannondale Lefty
- Change the Drive Belt on a 2008 Super Bronco Troy Bilt Lawnmower
- Change the Drive Belt on a Craftsman Zts 7500 Riding Mower
- Remove a Spool on a Toro 910 Trimmer
- How Do I Adjust The Drive Belt Tension on a Dixon Mower Model 3362?
- Replace Blades on a RZT 54 Cub Cadet
- Remove the Carburetor from a Toro Lawnmower
- Tune Small 4 Cycle Gasoline Engines
- Remove the Deck on a Craftsman Lawn Tractor
- How Do I Change the Belt on a Husqvarna Riding Tractor?
- Change a Drive Belt on a Zero Turn Lawnmower