Christmas is a time to celebrate with the entire family, and this includes your pets. One activity that can bring a family together during the Christmas season is making ornaments. This is an inexpensive way to decorate your Christmas tree while creating personalized ornaments that represent your entire family.
Paw Print Dough Ornament
Combine 1 cup of flour, 1/2 cup of salt and 1/2 cup of water in a mixing bowl. This creates your dough.
Lay your dough on a flat surface and roll it out at a thickness of 1/4 inch. Sprinkle some flour on the rolling pin first so that it does not stick to the dough.
Cut out a circle or square that is large enough to fit your dog's paw.
Lift up your dog and press its paw down into the dough to create a paw print.
Write your dog's name across the middle of the paw print, or below the paw print using a toothpick. Then take the toothpick and dig a hole off of the top of the paw print ornament. This will give you a hole to thread ribbon through for hanging on the Christmas tree.
Bake your paw print ornament in the oven on a cookie sheet at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for two hours.
Paint the ornament to your liking after it has completely cooled.
Thread some ribbon through the hole at the top of the paw print ornament and tie it around one of the branches of your Christmas tree. Do this after the paint is dry.
Things You Will Need
- Mixing bowl
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Rolling pin
- Cookie sheet
- Glue sequins and glitter to the ornament for an extra unique look.
- Rather than digging a hole for the ribbon, bake the ornament with a safety pin sticking partly out of the top. This will provide an especially sturdy way to hang it.
- In addition to hanging on the Christmas tree, these ornaments can be tied to the tops of presents.
- This process works with other pets as well, like cats, rabbits and lizards.
- Germinate Jujube Seeds
- Transplant Pineapple Plants
- Make Teresita Flowers
- Bahamian Johnnycake Recipe
- Build an Eight-Sided Birdhouse
- Build a Wood Sandbox Around an Above Ground Pool
- Make a Concrete Japanese Pagoda Lantern
- Make Palm Tree Decorations
- Is a Corn Kernel Seed a Dicot or Monocot?
- Make Black Walnut Tea
- Make Grass Skirts for a Luau
- Get Rid of Squirrels in the Lawn