When a swimming pool is constructed, a liner is put into place to separate the pool water from the pool bottom. Over time, the liner endures much wear and can become torn. Torn pool liners no longer prevent water from reaching the pool bottom and are a serious risk to the integrity of the pool.
Cut a length of waterproof tape slightly larger than the tear in the liner.
Press the length of tape firmly to the tear. Hold the tape firmly in place for at least 10 seconds. Wear goggles if you're applying the tape underwater.
Smooth the edges of the tape. Run your fingers over the surface of the tape to remove wrinkles.
Things You Will Need
- Waterproof tape
- If the tape does not hold when you're applying it underwater, drain the pool water so that the tear is above the waterline, then apply the tape.
- When Do You Plant Lilac Bushes: In the Fall or Spring?
- Fill Large Expansion Joint in a Concrete Driveway
- Design & Build a Landscape Waterfall
- Are Ficus Trees Poisonous to Children?
- Install Sign Posts
- Do Geraniums Need Full Sun All Day?
- The Growth Rate of Emerald Green Arborvitae
- What Weed Killer Kills Buckthorn?
- Clean Urine Stains on Concrete
- Remove Rust From Pool Plaster
- How Far Should You Plant Tomatoes From Each Other?
- How Long Does it Take a Papaya Tree to Produce Fruit?