Selling potted plants is a good hobby that can help you make extra cash. If you start the plants out as seeds and raise them into decent-sized plants, you can get a sizable return on your investment. The bigger you raise the plant, the more you will be able to sell it for. There are many different outlets to sell your potted plants. By finding out what works best for you, you will be able to get the most money for your time invested.
Visit local nurseries to get an idea of which plants are popular in your area. You want to sell plants that are popular with the public to maximize your sales.
Talk with managers of garden centers, farm stands and big box stores. See if they are interested in purchasing your potted plants. If they are, discuss a quantity and purchase price.
Call your city hall and ask for the contact information for your local farmer's market. Call the market and find out how to participate. Verify any fees it may charge and see if it will still be profitable to sell your potted plants there.
List your potted plants on Craigslist or eBay. These sites reach out to millions of people and will allow you to sell your potted plants to people who live across the country. There are many nurseries that sell exclusively on eBay.
Consider offering a discount when people buy your potted plants in groups. For example, sell five for $20 or singles for $4.99; people may purchase a larger quantity to receive the discount.
- Buy a Bilberry Plant
- Donate Homegrown Fruits & Veggies
- Hang a Microwave Oven on a Concrete Wall
- Grow Pine Trees for Profit
- Use LED Lights to Grow Plants
- Identification of Indoor House Plants
- Remove Drain Cap on Hayward Filter
- How Do I Take Care of a Bird of Paradise in Louisiana?
- Water Plants With Soft Water
- Growing Somniferous Poppies in a Greenhouse
- Plant a Small Vegetable Garden in Tampa, Florida
- Compost Meat & Bones