Mimosa hostilis is a drought-tolerant shrub native to Brazil and Southern Mexico. Its roots produce and store a substance known as DMT, which is highly toxic and produces hallucinations when consumed. The bark’s dark color is also used to stain leather during tanning.
Sit the bark out in a well-ventilated room for 48 hours to make sure it is completely dry.
Place the bark in glass mason jars and cover the jars tightly with jar lids.
Store in a cool, dark place such as a kitchen pantry.
Things You Will Need
- Glass mason jars
- Jar lids
- Grow an Ornamental Sweet Potato Vine
- Get Rid of Ant Mounds
- Installing Gazebo Support Beams
- How Well Does Roebic Root Killer Work?
- How Long Does it Take a Papaya Tree to Produce Fruit?
- The Average Size of the Venus Fly Trap
- Trim Roses
- What Weed Killer Kills Buckthorn?
- How Large Do Peach Trees Grow?
- Identify Silver Maple Trees
- The Best Time to Prune a Lilac Tree
- When Do You Plant Lilac Bushes: In the Fall or Spring?