Mastic is a strong construction adhesive most commonly used for flooring materials like tile or vinyl. With a makeup and characteristics similar to plastic, this can be a very difficult substance to remove once it has had a chance to harden and bond to the concrete floor. Mastic removal is a simple enough task that can be easy to complete with the proper tools and instruction.
Apply and soak the citrus solvent to the mastic and floor as indicated on the solvent package/container.
Scrape the softened mastic material from the floor using the metal putty knife and discard.
Reapply the citrus solvent and scrub the floor with the steel sponge to remove any remaining mastic residue. Repeat as necessary.
Things You Will Need
- Metal putty knife
- Citrus solvent
- Steel sponge
- How Many Mango Trees Can Be Planted Per Acre?
- Remove Hearth Concrete Stains
- Remove Tile Adhesive From a Concrete Floor
- Grow Cotton
- Building Raised Vegetable Garden Beds
- Get Rid of Stink Bugs
- Can a Power Washer Be Used for Tree Spraying?
- Harvest & Store Green Beans
- Remove Pine Sap From Vinyl
- Repair a Concrete Micro Crack
- Glue LVL Beams Together