Mastic is a strong construction adhesive most commonly used for flooring materials like tile or vinyl. With a makeup and characteristics similar to plastic, this can be a very difficult substance to remove once it has had a chance to harden and bond to the concrete floor. Mastic removal is a simple enough task that can be easy to complete with the proper tools and instruction.
Apply and soak the citrus solvent to the mastic and floor as indicated on the solvent package/container.
Scrape the softened mastic material from the floor using the metal putty knife and discard.
Reapply the citrus solvent and scrub the floor with the steel sponge to remove any remaining mastic residue. Repeat as necessary.
Things You Will Need
- Metal putty knife
- Citrus solvent
- Steel sponge
- Clean Concrete Countertops
- Harvest & Store Green Beans
- Trim Roses
- Take Care of Roses
- Remove Hearth Concrete Stains
- Building Raised Vegetable Garden Beds
- Is Lucky Bamboo Poisonous to Cats?
- How Many Mango Trees Can Be Planted Per Acre?
- Glue LVL Beams Together
- Can Avocado Trees Live in Tennessee?
- Get Rid of Ant Mounds