Owning a swimming pool can be a great property investment and fun for the family. During the hot days of summer, you can relax and cool off in your swimming pool or use it as a form of exercise. The one drawback is the constant upkeep. You must worry about leaves, chlorination, and keeping the tile and grout clean. Calcium scale, grime, and scum can build up on the tile around the pool, but it is easily fixed as long as you are vigilant about maintenance.
Attach the tile scrubber to the telescopic handle and place a small amount of pool tile cleaner on the scrub attachment.
With the scrubber and pole, work around the pool, scrubbing back and forth on the water line. To ensure that calcium scale does not build up where the water and air meet, go around the pool with the brush and cleaner once a week.
Use a pumice stone and scour away the buildup if the calcium scale and scum prove hard to remove. Once the buildup is removed, go around the tile again with the tile brush and small amount of cleaner. Keep up the cleaning, especially during the times your pool is used the most.
Things You Will Need
- Tile cleaner
- Telescopic pool pole
- Sponge attachment
- Pumice stone
- Pool-cleaning supplies can be purchased online or at a pool supply store. Speak to pool suppliers for tips on how to keep your pool clean.
- There are several cleansers out there, so be sure you purchase one recommended by your pool's manufacturer. Do not use stiff brushes and scrubbers because they can damage your tile and grout.
- Repair a Gunite Pool
- Clean Deposits From Flower Pots
- Reduce Pool Water Hardness & Alkalinity
- Clean a Paslode Impulse
- Clean Plaster in Pools
- Prepare a Concrete Wall for Painting
- Attaching a Hanging Planter to a Cinder Block Fence
- The Best Way to Clean Snorkel Masks
- Care of an Alocasia Polly Plant
- Save Dying Hydrangeas
- What Is Basalt Used for?
- Remove Concrete Grout From a Concrete Slab