John Deere makes a popular line of riding lawn mowers, best known for their trademark green and yellow paint. There are several models made to suit different needs, but one feature they all have in common is cruise control. This feature eliminates the need to constantly adjust how hard or how soft you push in the gas pedal in order to maintain a regular speed. One minor adjustment to a lever is all it takes to activate cruise control.
Sit on the lawn mower, turn it on and drive it to a corner of your lawn where you plan to start mowing.
Press down on the gas pedal until you reach a comfortable speed.
Pull back on the cruise control handle. The handle is located on the right side of the panel, below the steering wheel.
Press down on the brake to disengage the cruise control.
- Lubricate the Drive Shaft of a Weed Eater Gas Trimmer
- Adjust Deck Height on a Yardman Riding Mower
- Adjust the Idle in a Honda OHV Lawn Mower
- Adjust the Idle Screw on a Leaf Blower
- Adjust the Drive Cable on a Craftsman Lawn Mower
- Install a Mower Deck on a John Deere LX176
- Replace a Craftsman Edger Blade
- Purge the Transmission on a Craftsman Lawn Tractor
- Operate a John Deere Riding Lawn Mower
- Start Self Propelled Lawn Mowers
- Check the Oil on Toro Lawn Mowers
- Drive a Riding Lawn Mower