John Deere makes a popular line of riding lawn mowers, best known for their trademark green and yellow paint. There are several models made to suit different needs, but one feature they all have in common is cruise control. This feature eliminates the need to constantly adjust how hard or how soft you push in the gas pedal in order to maintain a regular speed. One minor adjustment to a lever is all it takes to activate cruise control.
Sit on the lawn mower, turn it on and drive it to a corner of your lawn where you plan to start mowing.
Press down on the gas pedal until you reach a comfortable speed.
Pull back on the cruise control handle. The handle is located on the right side of the panel, below the steering wheel.
Press down on the brake to disengage the cruise control.
- Change the Oil in Cub Cadet Lawn Mowers
- Adjust the Idle in a Honda OHV Lawn Mower
- How Do I Start a John Deere EZtrak Z425?
- STIHL Weedeater Troubleshooting
- How Do I Adjust The Drive Belt Tension on a Dixon Mower Model 3362?
- Stihl HS 80 Hedge Trimmer Troubleshooting
- Check the Oil on Toro Lawn Mowers
- Start a Murray Lawnmower
- Adjust the Drive Cable on a Craftsman Lawn Mower
- Replace the Drive Belt on an Edger
- Adjust a Carburetor on a Ryobi Grass Trimmer
- Lubricate the Drive Shaft of a Weed Eater Gas Trimmer