A pool table cake is a fun dessert to share with the pool shooter in your life. You don't need a specialty pan to bake it in, and you don't need to remove the cake from the pan to decorate it. Your favorite cake mix flavor, some icing and some round candies will create the picture.
Spray the bottom and sides of the cake pan with cooking spray and lightly dust with flour.
Prepare the cake mix and bake according to the directions on the package. Allow the cake to cool completely in the pan.
Combine one tub of icing with 10 drops each of blue and yellow food coloring. Stir until the icing turns dark green. Spread the icing over the entire surface of the cake.
Place the chocolate icing into a pastry bag fitted with an icing tip. Draw lines with the icing along the edges of the cake. These lines represent the bumpers of the pool table.
Draw circles with the chocolate icing on the inside of the four corners and halfway down each of the long sides to make the 6 pockets of the pool table.
Place the 10 colored gumballs or jawbreakers, which represent the balls, in the form of a triangle approximately 3/4 of the way from one end of the cake. Place the white gumball at the other end, pointing toward the tip of the triangle. Place the two pretzel rods across the top of the cake to represent the pool cues.
Things You Will Need
- 1 box of cake mix
- A 9-by-13-inch cake pan
- 1 can white cake icing
- 1 can chocolate icing
- Blue and yellow food coloring
- Cooking spray
- Pastry bag with icing tip
- 10 gumballs or jawbreakers of assorted colors
- 1 white gumball or jawbreaker
- 2 10-inch pretzel rods
- Cook Lotus Seeds
- Make Bird Food With Peanut Butter and Seeds
- Decorate With Grapevine Garland
- How To Make and Freeze Apple Butter
- Seal a Birdbath
- Make Things With Osage Orange
- Make a Noodle Lounger Raft Chair
- Ideas for a Pool Party for a 13th Birthday
- Decorating With Lemons
- Make Sunflower Halva
- Decorative Stone Ideas for Around an Above Ground Pool
- What to Float in a Pool at a Wedding