Make your concrete look like new again. Whether its red, green, yellow or black paint, get rid of all stains on your concrete with a little effort. The process to remove paint from concrete can get a little smelly and messy but you will never have to look at that ugly painting mistake again.
Put on gloves, glasses and air mask for safety. Have a fan going or a window open for ventilation. Paint stripper has a very strong odor.
Make a paste with the paint stripper and cat litter in the mixing bucket. Depending on the type of paint stripper, the amount of cat litter will vary. Pour a little at a time, mix and then check consistency. Once the mixture is a creamy paste, take the plastic putty knife and scrape it over the paint stain area. This will take some time for the mixture to work on the paint.
Let it sit for approximately 30 minutes. Once the paste has absorbed most of the paint, you will then need to scrape it off with your plastic putty knife. Throw the paste mixture into the trash. Still see some paint? Add another application of paste. Wait a little longer this time before scraping it off.
Take your nylon brush once the second application is in the trash and begin cleaning the area. Use an abrasive powder cleaner such as Comet with bleach. Scrub the area good to remove stuck little paint particles in the concrete.
Rinse the area with plenty of water. Brush the area until clean. Once the area looks clean, simply let it dry.
Things You Will Need
- Rubber gloves
- Safety glasses
- Air mask
- Ventilation fan
- Plastic putty knife
- Paint stripper
- Nylon brush
- Cat litter
- Small plastic mixing bucket
- Trash can
- Place materials out of reach of children.
- Paint stripper with methylene chloride is hazardous. Check can for contents.
- Repair Salt-Damaged Concrete
- Repair a Gunite Pool
- When to Paint a Plaster Swimming Pool
- Paint Concrete Fireplaces
- Remove Graffiti From Concrete
- Remove Concrete Grout From a Concrete Slab
- Clean Concrete With Household Products
- Remove Black Stains From a Pool's Water Line
- Topcoat a Concrete Driveway
- Weld Aluminized Steel
- Clean Concrete Floors Before Painting
- Paint a Fire Pit