How to Use an Automatic Swimming Pool Chlorinator. Whether you have an in-ground or above-ground swimming pool, the most time consuming aspect is swimming pool maintenance, which ensures the quality of the water. An automatic swimming pool chlorinator cuts down on the amount of time required for swimming pool maintenance.
Find an automatic swimming pool chlorinator, also called a chlorine feeder, to work with your filtration system. Most automatic chlorine feeders work universally with all types of filter systems, but you want to ensure compatibility to prevent damage to your system.
Install the automatic swimming pool chlorinator. Manufacturers include direction on where to place the automatic chlorine feeder in your system. You'll want to follow the guidelines to ensure proper the part functions correctly.
Fill the automatic chlorinator with the recommend product. Some use chlorine sticks, chlorine tablets or bromine. The type and amount depend on the model. Some models handle a variety of products so you can choose which one you like best.
Set the automatic swimming pool chlorinator to inject chlorine on a regular swimming pool maintenance schedule. Most automatic feeders allow you to set the rate at which the chlorine dissolves, regulating the amount of chlorine injected into the pool.
Refill the automatic feeder. While some filtration systems allow you to replace the chlorine with bromine, you need to stay with the same type of chlorine tablets or sticks when you use an automatic chlorinator. Even if your machine handles a variety of types, most still recommend staying with the original product you chose.
- My Automatic Chlorinator Is Not Working
- Calculate Gear Box Ratio
- Clean a Cell for a Salt Pool
- Recycle a Wrought Iron Pool Fence
- Clean the Filter System on an Above Ground Pool
- Install a Riding Lawn Mower Battery
- Set Up a Drip Irrigation System for a Vegetable Garden
- How a Governor on a Briggs & Stratton Engine Works
- Mix Weed Killers
- Keep Outdoor Plants Watered While on Vacation
- Troubleshoot the Weed Eater Excalibur 22
- How Do I Charge a Lawn Mower Battery?