How to Sharpen Scissors. Sharpen your scissors at home instead of replacing them.
Hold the beveled edge of one blade against a sharpening stone, which you can find at most large hardware stores.
Match the angle as closely as possible and slide the blade forward diagonally along the stone, moving from the end toward the screw (point to pivot).
Repeat with the other blade, again matching the angle.
Open and close the scissors a few times to knock off any burrs that might be left.
Things You Will Need
- Sharpening Stones
- Keep the stone lubricated as directed by its manufacturer.
- How Fast Do Lilac Bushes Grow?
- Sharpen a Combat Knife
- The Best Grass Seed in Southern California
- Change the Blade on a Yard Machine Lawn Tractor
- Is Lucky Bamboo Poisonous to Cats?
- Design Ideas for Small Gardens
- Get Rid of Ant Mounds
- The Best Time to Prune a Lilac Tree
- What Weed Killer Kills Buckthorn?
- How Far Apart Should Apple Trees Be Planted?
- Sharpen Anvil Pruning Shears
- Sharpen Hedge Trimmers