How to Sharpen Scissors. Sharpen your scissors at home instead of replacing them.
Hold the beveled edge of one blade against a sharpening stone, which you can find at most large hardware stores.
Match the angle as closely as possible and slide the blade forward diagonally along the stone, moving from the end toward the screw (point to pivot).
Repeat with the other blade, again matching the angle.
Open and close the scissors a few times to knock off any burrs that might be left.
Things You Will Need
- Sharpening Stones
- Keep the stone lubricated as directed by its manufacturer.
- The Best Grass Seed in Southern California
- Clean the Ring Around the Pool Tile
- Get Rid of Ant Mounds
- Installing Gazebo Support Beams
- How Long Does It Take for Grass Seed to Sprout?
- Design Ideas for Small Gardens
- How Much Sun Do Knockout Roses Need?
- How Fast Do Lilac Bushes Grow?
- Using Sand in Gardening
- The Best Time to Cut Back Rose Bushes
- Change the Blade on a Yard Machine Lawn Tractor