How to Sharpen Scissors. Sharpen your scissors at home instead of replacing them.
Hold the beveled edge of one blade against a sharpening stone, which you can find at most large hardware stores.
Match the angle as closely as possible and slide the blade forward diagonally along the stone, moving from the end toward the screw (point to pivot).
Repeat with the other blade, again matching the angle.
Open and close the scissors a few times to knock off any burrs that might be left.
Things You Will Need
- Sharpening Stones
- Keep the stone lubricated as directed by its manufacturer.
- Sharpen a Combat Knife
- How Far Apart Should Apple Trees Be Planted?
- Grow Cotton
- The Best Grass Seed in Southern California
- Get Rid of Ant Mounds
- Sharpen Grass Shears
- Make a Compost Bin From a Garbage Can
- Change the Blade on a Yard Machine Lawn Tractor
- Take Care of Roses
- What Type of Grass Grows in the Shade?
- Layouts For Small Vegetable Gardens
- How Long Does It Take for Grass Seed to Sprout?