How to Sharpen Scissors. Sharpen your scissors at home instead of replacing them.
Hold the beveled edge of one blade against a sharpening stone, which you can find at most large hardware stores.
Match the angle as closely as possible and slide the blade forward diagonally along the stone, moving from the end toward the screw (point to pivot).
Repeat with the other blade, again matching the angle.
Open and close the scissors a few times to knock off any burrs that might be left.
Things You Will Need
- Sharpening Stones
- Keep the stone lubricated as directed by its manufacturer.
- Ant Control
- How Much Sun Do Knockout Roses Need?
- The Best Grass Seed in Southern California
- Is Lucky Bamboo Poisonous to Cats?
- Building Raised Vegetable Garden Beds
- Take Care of Roses
- Layouts For Small Vegetable Gardens
- Make a Compost Bin From a Garbage Can
- Repel Chickens
- Sharpen a Sickle
- Do Deer Like to Eat River Birch Trees?
- How Tall Does a Caladium Get?