How to Starch a Crocheted Snowflake. Nothing looks quite as wintry and delicate against the needles of a Christmas tree as a crocheted snowflake ornament. Glue or starch stiffens these miniature doilies.
Crochet the snowflake ornament following a pattern from a craft book or magazine.
Prepare a solution of laundry starch and water according to the manufacturer's directions or mix half fabric glue and half water. If desired, add glitter or sugar for sparkle.
Saturate the clean snowflake in the solution.
Use rustproof pins to pin the snowflake into shape on a towel or waxed paper.
Let the snowflake dry completely before touching or moving it.
Things You Will Need
- Liquid Laundry Starches
- Pearl Cotton
- Rustproof Pins
- Bath Towels
- Crochet Hooks
- Crochet Thread
- Fabric Glue
- Waxed Paper
- If you are making several snowflakes, stiffen the whole batch at one time.
- Trim Roses
- Harvest & Store Green Beans
- Get Rid of Stink Bugs
- Is Lucky Bamboo Poisonous to Cats?
- Grow Zebra Grass
- Grow Rock Cress (Arabis)
- How Much Sun Do Knockout Roses Need?
- Repel Chickens
- How Fast Does a Crimson King Maple Grow?
- Clean Garden Statues
- Using Sand in Gardening
- Clean the Ring Around the Pool Tile