How to Starch a Crocheted Snowflake. Nothing looks quite as wintry and delicate against the needles of a Christmas tree as a crocheted snowflake ornament. Glue or starch stiffens these miniature doilies.
Crochet the snowflake ornament following a pattern from a craft book or magazine.
Prepare a solution of laundry starch and water according to the manufacturer's directions or mix half fabric glue and half water. If desired, add glitter or sugar for sparkle.
Saturate the clean snowflake in the solution.
Use rustproof pins to pin the snowflake into shape on a towel or waxed paper.
Let the snowflake dry completely before touching or moving it.
Things You Will Need
- Liquid Laundry Starches
- Pearl Cotton
- Rustproof Pins
- Bath Towels
- Crochet Hooks
- Crochet Thread
- Fabric Glue
- Waxed Paper
- If you are making several snowflakes, stiffen the whole batch at one time.
- Take Care of Roses
- Grow an Ornamental Sweet Potato Vine
- Bahamian Johnnycake Recipe
- Control Scale Insects on Indoor Plants
- Clean Garden Statues
- Seal the Joints Between the Basement Wall and Floor
- Plant Care Instructions For a Christmas Cactus
- Get Rid of Ant Mounds
- Plant a Desert Willow
- Craft Uses for Fresh Cranberries
- Grow Zebra Grass
- Design Ideas for Small Gardens