How to Starch a Crocheted Snowflake. Nothing looks quite as wintry and delicate against the needles of a Christmas tree as a crocheted snowflake ornament. Glue or starch stiffens these miniature doilies.
Crochet the snowflake ornament following a pattern from a craft book or magazine.
Prepare a solution of laundry starch and water according to the manufacturer's directions or mix half fabric glue and half water. If desired, add glitter or sugar for sparkle.
Saturate the clean snowflake in the solution.
Use rustproof pins to pin the snowflake into shape on a towel or waxed paper.
Let the snowflake dry completely before touching or moving it.
Things You Will Need
- Liquid Laundry Starches
- Pearl Cotton
- Rustproof Pins
- Bath Towels
- Crochet Hooks
- Crochet Thread
- Fabric Glue
- Waxed Paper
- If you are making several snowflakes, stiffen the whole batch at one time.
- Control Scale Insects on Indoor Plants
- Glue LVL Beams Together
- How Much Sun Do Knockout Roses Need?
- Grow Rock Cress (Arabis)
- Using Sand in Gardening
- How Fast Does a Crimson King Maple Grow?
- Decorate With Grapevine Garland
- Seal the Joints Between the Basement Wall and Floor
- Building Raised Vegetable Garden Beds
- Harvest & Store Green Beans
- Design Ideas for Small Gardens
- Get Rid of Ant Mounds