When you present a potted plant from your own garden as a gift, make the gift even more special by embellishing it with gift wrap and a large silk bow. Select the wrap and the bow to coordinate with the plant, especially if the plant is blooming. Even though the potted plant has a challenging shape to wrap neatly, within minutes you can create an attractive gift package that will be a pleasure to present to someone special.
Place the floral cellophane onto a flat work surface with the wrong side facing up. Center the floral gift wrap over the cellophane with the wrong side facing up. Set the potted plant in the center of the gift wrap.
Lift one edge of the cellophane and gift wrap so it covers the side edge of the pot. The top edge of the cellophane and gift wrap may extend up past the top of the pot or they may not, depending upon the size of the pot. Hold the cellophane and gift wrap layers up against the side of the pot.
Lift the cellophane and gift wrap immediately to the left or the right of the layers you already lifted and cover the side edge of the pot. Use the stapler to staple the cellophane and gift wrap layers to each other to hold them in place.
Continue to work your way around the pot, covering it with cellophane and gift wrap and stapling as you go. As you cover the pot with the layers of paper, you will be gathering the paper to make it fit snugly around the pot.
Cut a length of ribbon that will encircle the top of the pot, adding 1 inch for overlap. Wrap the ribbon around the top of the pot, overlap the ends of the ribbon and staple them together to hold the ribbon in place around the top edge of the pot. The ribbon will cover the staples you used to hold the cellophane and gift wrap.
Place the large silk bow over the overlapped ribbon and staple the bow to the ribbon encircling the pot to secure the bow. The bow will cover the staples.
Things You Will Need
- Clear floral cellophane (at least 28-inch square)
- A square of floral gift wrap (at least 25-inch square)
- Silk ribbon (2-inch width)
- Matching silk bow
- If you have a smaller pot, cut the cellophane and gift wrap squares down to smaller sizes to fit the pot. Measure the pot by placing a tape measure at one side edge and measuring down the side, across the bottom and up the opposite side of the pot to the upper edge. Cut a square of gift wrap with lengths and widths that are roughly the same as your pot measurement. Cut a square of cellophane approximately 2 inches larger than the gift wrap square.
- Preserve Flowers in Jewelry
- Make Floral Swags
- Wrap a Bouquet of Flowers
- Potted Plant Supports
- Make a Grave Blanket
- Make Macrame Hanging Plant Holders
- Make a Headstone Flower Arrangement
- Divide Peace Lilies
- Wrap a Fig Tree
- Plant Spring Bulbs in Pots
- Harvest & Store Green Beans
- Make Funeral Flowers Into Jewelry