Fertilizers are often used in lawns to promote healthy grass. They contain nutrients that enrich the soil so that the grass has the best possible conditions in which to thrive. Fertilizers that are bought in gardening centers may contain harsh chemicals that can actually burn your lawn if they are overused. It is best to create your own homemade lawn fertilizer so you know exactly what you are feeding your lawn.
Pour your beer, ammonia, and liquid lawn fertilizer in a large bowl. Mix them together.
Add your dish detergent and your molasses. Stir the mixture one final time.
Transfer the homemade liquid lawn fertilizer to a hose end sprayer.
Attach your hose end sprayer to your garden hose. Spray your lawn with this homemade fertilizer.
Things You Will Need
- 8 oz. beer
- 8 oz. ammonia
- 8 oz. liquid lawn fertilizer
- 8 oz. liquid dish detergent
- 8 oz. molasses
- Large bowl
- Hose end sprayer
- Garden hose
- You can substitute soda for the molasses.
- Repeat the homemade fertilizer treatment once each month during the spring and summer.
- The Best Lawn Seed for Missouri
- Save Winter-kill Grass
- Chicken Manure a Lawn
- Kill Crabgrass in Centipede Lawns
- The Best Fertilizers for Lawns
- When Is Grass Seed Ready to Harvest?
- Fix a Lawn That Holds Water
- Does Chlorinated Water Kill Grass?
- Where Can I Buy Sod for My Lawn?
- Garden Shenandoah Switch Grass
- Treat Powdery Mildew on a Grass Lawn Turf Yard
- The Best Fertilizer to Apply in Early Spring